SCHEDULE FOR THE DAY
2:45 – 3:15 ▪ Registration
3:15 – 5:00 ▪ Session I – Imagining our Future
- Enhancing IQ with Advanced Interfaces – This presentation will demonstrate how advanced technological interfaces are making our children smarter. PROFESSOR DAVID PASSIG, futurist, lecturer, consultant and best-selling author who specializes in technological, social and educational futures. Professor Passig is the chair of FutureCode Ltd., which develops and employs tool kits of computerized Futures methods in decision making processes. @drpassig
- WORLD CAFÉ. During this session you will build on discussions of key ideas, themes, and perspectives as you rotate to different tables with new groups of people.
5:00 – 5:30 – Meeting and Connecting
5:30 – 6:30 ▪ Session II – Visions of our Future
This portion of the conference will be live streamed and recorded.
All presentations in this session will be in the fast paced**PechaKucha style.
▪ ALICIA JO RABINS, Composer, performer, poet, Jewish educator, and bandleader of Girls in Trouble, an indie-folk song cycle about the women of the Torah. @ohaliciajo
▪ RABBI DAN AIN, Part preacher, part philosopher, part interviewer and provocateur, Dan lectures on the present (and future) ideological clash between our burgeoning technological beliefs and traditional Jewish faith. @rabbidan
▪ JINA DAVIDOVICH, Jina has presented her poetry at the Bowery Poetry Club, Nuyorican, as part of the Slam Master Poetry Competition, and has taught about Poetry and Psalms at Isabella Friedman Jewish retreat. @jinadav.
▪ RABBI MISHAEL ZION, Co-Director and Director of Education at the Bronfman Fellowships, Mishael has served on the faculty of the Hartman Institute and the Skirball Center in New York –and blogs regularly at Text and the City..
▪ RACHEL SKLAR, writer and social entrepreneur , Rachel is the co-founder of Change The Ratio, which increases visibility and opportunity for women in tech & new media, and TheLi.st, a network & media platform for awesome women (supported by the Knight Foundation)
▪ TEEN COMPETITION WINNER,YISHAI BARTH describes himself as a “human node in a web of creative ideas.” He is an 18 year old former homeschooler currently attending Newton North High School in Massachusetts. Yishai has cerebral palsy and serves as an advocate and activist for people with disabilities. He shares his extensive expertise in assistive technology with others and is a peer mentor.
**PechaKucha is a rapid fast-paced style of presenting enhanced by a PowerPoint presentation – Each presentation will include 18 slides with 18 seconds devoted to each. Total presentation time: 5.40 minutes.